Article archive

Lovely day out at Cawthorne

26/06/2014 14:19
We had a terrific day out in Cawthorne, Yorkshire. last Saturday. The ladies of the parish provided a typical Yorkshire tea - sandwiches, sausage rolls etc, with tea and scones (butter, cream and jam) and cake and more tea. Absolutely disgusting! The concert, organised locally by John Walker, was...

Karl Jenkins to conduct the Chorale

07/05/2013 14:33
Karl Jenkins conducts a new programme celebrating his most popular and highly acclaimed works including Palladio, Passacaglia and The Armed Man and favourite excerpts from Requiem, The Peacemakers and Stabat Mater. After our experience singing the UK premiere of his 'The Peacemakers' last...

Karl Jenkins 70th birthday concert

10/11/2014 11:45
For a second year running, the Chorale was engaged to provide a large choir to sing highlights from Karl Jenkin's popular repertoire. This year the programme for his 70th birthday tour included extracts from The Peacemakers and the Stabat Mater before the interval, which we sang to a full...

Interview with a composer: Robin Stevens

21/12/2012 13:31
Until recently Robin Stevens sang baritone in The Manchester Chorale, and he is also a composer. The Chorale took part in his annual charity concert at Emmanuel Church, Didsbury on 28th April 2012, so we asked him a few questions about his life as a composer. Q  When did you start composing? I...

In the twinkling of an eye – Mahler’s Resurrection Symphony

05/06/2015 12:36
The Chorale doesn’t often get to sing big classical works. Our normal concerts consist of several 3–8 minute recent compositions in various styles, generally a cappella. So the opportunity to sing Mahler’s Symphony No.2 “Resurrection” with a large orchestra at the Bridgewater Hall was intriguing to...

Holy Trinity Audience Feedback

25/03/2013 13:52
At our recent concert in Rusholme we asked for feedback from the audience about our concert. 76% of respondents gave us full marks and the remaining 24% gave us 4/5. Quotes selected from the comments “The singing and direction was impressive” “A wide range of repertoire all excellently...

First concert of the new season – Grand Organ Gala

31/10/2015 12:05
Our first concert of the season started with a deep bass rumble. It felt like a passing tram, causing a vibration in the chest. The glorious lowest C of the Bridgewater organ gives us an immediate vision of sunrise from outer space (in a certain year). I think Richard Strauss would have liked this...

Didsbury Arts Festival

26/04/2013 18:23
The Chorale is making its first appearance at the Didsbury Arts Festival on Saturday 22nd June. See the poster at the bottom of the Home page for some details.

Didsbury Arts Festival

24/06/2013 14:46
Our first appearance in the Didsbury Arts Festival went very well. We sang a wide variety of music to a substantial and enthusiastic audience. As one of them posted on our Facebook page: 'A magnificent concert with some arresting pieces mostly new to me, beautifully judged and sung. It will be hard...

Dates for the diary

04/01/2013 15:56
2013 is unlikely to be as busy as 2012, but engagements are being confirmed with more to come. Concerts have been arranged in Rusholme, Manchester near to where we rehearse, The Bridgewater Hall, Didsbury Arts Festival and Hawkshead in the Lake District. A little more information can be found...
Items: 31 - 40 of 68
<< 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 >>